I'm very flexible with most aspects of the ceremony preparation, but of course, not compromising the legal requirements.

Your ceremony can be easily arranged through meeting, email, post, and telephone calls.

To confirm your wedding ceremony with me, you are required to contact me and inform me of the date, time and venue. I will then confirm my availability.

If you live locally then we can meet in person and I can sight the original documents necessary to begin the legal process of Marriage or we can simply do it via emails; It's time efficient and easy.

If you cannot meet with me, which is most common, you will need to follow the simple instructions listed below.

You need to print a copy of the NOIM form (Notice of Intended Marriage); this is the first step. I would have also emailed you one when you confirmed the booking.


Complete all of the information required on the NOIM form.

Ensure all of the spelling and information is complete and correct (double check mothers FULL maiden name (EG: Kristine Betty Jones), and your place of birth is exactly as stated on birth cert.

I must receive the NOIM no less than 32 days prior to the ceremony date, but no more than eighteen months.

There are no exceptions according to the Marriage Act 1961.

This is your responsibility. I will not be chasing you up, or further reminding you. There are no refunds for failure to do this and the wedding cannot proceed.

The Notice of Intended Marriage must be signed by at least one of the parties in the physical presence of one of the following official witnesses:

• an authorised Marriage Celebrant

• a Justice of the Peace

• a Commissioner for Declarations under the Statutory Declarations Act 1959

• a Barrister or Solicitor

• a legally qualified medical practitioner

• a member of the Australian Federal Police of the police force of a State or Territory.

• an Australian Diplomatic Officer

• an Australian Consular Officer

• an employee of the Commonwealth authorised under paragraph 3(c) of the Consular Fees Act 1955

• an employee of the Australian Trade Commission authorised under paragraph 3(d) of the Consular Fees Act 1955

• a Notary public


If born in Australia , I must sight the original Birth Certificate. Passports are not accepted for Australian citizens.

Original birth certificates for all Australians are obtained from the Office of Births, Deaths and Marriages in the State or Territory in which you were born (not where you live now) . Contact details may be found at

A copy of your Drivers License or legal "Photo ID" is compulsory also.


If you have married before, I will also need original copies of the Decree Nisi or Absolute, Death Certificate or Divorce Certificate of your most recent marriage. If you cannot locate the original document, you must contact the Court House where the paper was issued and request a replacement.

If it is not in the English language it must be officially translated.

According to the Marriage Act 1961,

I cannot conduct the marriage unless I sight your original documents prior to the ceremony - photocopies and certified copies are NOT ACCEPTED. 

CHECKLIST before mailing info off

  • NOIM completed / your signature witnessed by OFFICIAL witness.
  • Original issued Documents Birth Certificates, Passport, Divorce Papers, Stat Dec's.
  • Copies of original documents for your file.
  • Photocopy of Photo ID(Drivers License, etc) of both parties
  • Please mail it to me via Express Post, Registered Mail, or if you really think it's OK, Regular Mail.
  • Include a stamped, self addressed envelope for return of docs

PO Box 2235

Woolooware 2230

NSW Australia 

If you need to contact me please do so in business hours.

Relax now, consider the ceremony taken care of.


A person born overseas must also show a birth certificate (or extract). If they do not have one in their possession

they must make every effort to obtain one from their country of birth.

If this is not possible, I must sight a Passport of an overseas country (not Australian), provided it shows both date and place of birth and is written in the English language or has been officially translated- see below for translation info.

In some cases, I may also request additional proof of identity.

In extreme circumstances in which it is impossible to obtain these necessary documents outlined above, I will require a Commonwealth Statutory Declaration. This is a hand written, detailed, legal Statement written by you and witnessed by me, as an Officer of the Commonwealth of Australia, or another authorised official.


If you have married before, I will also need original copies of the Decree Nisi or Absolute, Death Certificate or Divorce Certificate.

If it is not in the English language it must be officially translated.

According to the Marriage Act 1961, I cannot conduct the marriage unless I sight your original documents - photocopies and certified copies are NOT ACCEPTED.


Any documents in a foreign language require OFFICIAL translation into English.

The National Accreditation Authority for Translators contact information;

email: [email protected] website:

Ph: 1300 557 470 .


Can't wait a full calendar month to marry?

It is possible to shorten the minimum notice time for a marriage to less than a month in special circumstances.You need to approach a Prescribed Authority for approval. Contact your Local Court or Registry office.

Prescribed authorities can shorten the required period of notice if they are satisfied that circumstances prescribed in the regulations listed below are met.

These are:

• Employment related or other travel commitments,

• Wedding or celebrant arrangements, or religious considerations,

• Medical reasons,

• Legal proceedings,

• Error in giving notice.

The reason for seeking a shortening of time for notice must fall within one of these categories before an application can be considered. There is no capacity to grant shortening of time outside these circumstances. Shortening of time is not automatic. When making a decision the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages (BDM) or prescribed authority will weigh up the information provided in support of the application and may seek additional information as outlined in the regulations.

Contact your local court house for up to date information.

Fiancé Visa Plan

A Fiancé Visa is not an automatic qualification for Permanent Residency status in Australia.

To check the latest information go to Department of Immigration website.

If you are applying for entry into Australia under the Prospective Marriage (Fiancé) Plan or similar special entry plans, I will provide you with a letter to the Consulate, together with a certified copy of the NOIM which will help you along in the process. There is an additional fee involved for this added service.

After receipt of the NOIM, original identity papers / documents + photocopies and the booking fee, we will begin to create your wedding ceremony and this is a lot of fun!

You have the final say of the content of the Ceremony, and I will ensure it adheres to the law.

You will also need to sign a Declaration stating that there is no legal impediment for you to marry. I will supply and witness this document.


Hollie-Berri cmc ch nlp cmaha

[email protected]

0433 777 775

PO Box 2235

Woolooware 2230

NSW Australia